Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Troubleshooting and Tuning (D85725GC10)
Szkolenie autoryzowane Oracle
Format prowadzenia szkoleniaILT - szkolenie klasyczne, w sali szkoleniowej, z trenerem
Terminy szkoleń otwartychBrak terminów szkoleń otwartych. Zachęcamy do kontaktu w sprawie stworzenia terminu
Szkolenie dostępne także w formacieILT - szkolenie klasyczne, w sali szkoleniowej, z trenerem
LVC/LWC - szkolenie zdalne, przez internet, z trenerem
TOD - szkolenie zdalne, przez internet, wcześniej nagrane
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Database Administrators
- Implementation Consultant
- System Administrator
- System Integrator
- Systems Architects
- Monitor and tune performance
- Gather evidence to help troubleshoot problems
- Use troubleshooting tools
- Familiarize with the latest tools to troubleshoot Integrated Extract/Replicat
- Describe solutions for the most common problems
This Oracle GoldenGate 12c Troubleshooting and Tuning training teaches you how to gather and examine evidence; you?ll also learn to solve case problems, diagnose their cause and find methods of resolution. Each of these practices challenges you to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue using GoldenGate software.Learn To:Use GGSCI commands for gathering process evidence.Use the Oracle GoldenGate troubleshooting tools like Knowledge Documents, Documentation, SHOWSYNTAX parameter and the Logdump utility.Troubleshoot problems in areas such as extraction, replication, missed transactions, mapping, synchronization, SQLEXEC, file maintenance and more.Identify what causes slow startups.Monitor lag and statistics.Identify network and disk bottlenecks.Perform tuning of Manager, Extract and Replicate.Diagnose and tune the latest Integrated Extract, available since release 220.127.116.11 of the Oracle RDBMS, and Integrated Replicat, available since release 12c of the Oracle RDBMS.Benefits to YouBy enrolling in this course, you'll develop deeper knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate 12c performance tuning methods. Expert instructors will teach you how to identify the causes of slow startups, evaluate lag statistics and solve network and disk bottlenecks. Utilize all of the existing GoldenGate tools, such as GGSCI and Logdump, the health check scripts and the Streams Performance Advisor (UTL_SPADV) to troubleshoot system issues occurring to both classic extract/replicat and integrated extract/replicate.Explore PlatformsThis training is on a Linux platform; however many of the troubleshooting techniques are equally applicable to a Windows or iSeries platform. The databases used for source and target are Oracle 12cR1. Many of the techniques are also applicable to DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
- Gathering Evidence
- Acquiring confidence using the standard Oracle GoldenGate tools normally used to interact with the software:
- Error Logs, Process Reports, Discard File, System Logs
- Competently using the tools mentioned above to gather evidence about alleged issues occurring to an Oracle GoldenGate environment
- Oracle GoldenGate Troubleshooting Tools
- Accessing knowledge Documents - Mailing lists, Oracle GoldenGate forums, etc.
- Consulting the Documentation
- Getting familiar with the ShowSyntax parameter
- Getting familiar with the logdump utility
- Basic and Startup Problems
- Getting familiar with basic problems
- Developing the ability to deal with Extract and Replicat startup issues
- Verifying file names, file permissions, consistency between Extract and Replicat group names and their supporting files
- Verifying consistent naming convention when defining trail files and their reference in the Extract/Replicat parameter files
- Verifying that the correct software version has been installed
- Verifying that the Oracle GoldenGate manager is running, that the group name which fails to start exists and is not misspelt
- Verifying that the the parameter file exists, has the same name as the Extract/Replicat group, and is accessible by Oracle GoldenGate
- Introducing the use of CHECKPARAMS to verify that the parameter syntax is correct
- Data Extraction Problems
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot data extraction issues:Extract is slow - Extract abends - Data pump abends
- Analyzing various causes of a slow Extract startup
- Tracing may be enabled, activity logging may be enabled, many columns listed in tables being replicated
- Introducing the use of the CacheMgr parameter to control the virtual memory and temporary disk space that are available for caching uncommitted transaction data
- In-depth analysis of abending Extracts: is Extract unable to open the transaction logs? - Checking to see if the disk is full -Is an archive log missing?
- In-depth analysis of abending data pumps: Does the data pump abend with error number 509 ("Incompatible record")?Have the source tables been changed? Is the Extract abending due to data manipulation?
- Was the primary Extract or the data pump stopped, re-added, or restarted without resetting the data pump?s read position in the local trail?
- Data Replication Problems
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot data replication issues:
- Analyzing the various causes of a "stuck" Replicat: Does "Stats Replicat" return no statistics? Do successive "Info Replicat" commands indicate that the Replicat read checkpoint is not moving?
- Verifying that the Replicat is reading the trail to which Extract is writing
- Analyzing the reasons why a Replicat abends: Is Replicat unable to locate a trail? Is Replicat unable to open a trail file? Was "Add TranData" issued for each table?
- Missed Transactions
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot missed transactions involving issues such as: Tables that are not properly specified - Missing" Add TranData" command - LOB data not replicating
- Analyzing the reasons why transactions are not being processed: Were the tables included in Table and Map statements? Are fully qualified names (owner.table) used for both Table and Map?
- 'Single quotes' on object names imply case-sensitive names for some databases (including the Oracle database)
- Are the transactions coming out of the source system properly?
- Mapping and Synchronization Problems
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot mapping problems, such us: Fetching from the source data fails - Table and column names not matching between the source and the target
- Analyzing the causes of various mapping problems:Is Extract returning fetch-related errors? Was the row containing the data deleted?
- Has the undo retention expired?
- Is "NoUseLatestVersion" for "FetchOptions" being used?
- Do the source and target tables exist in the databases? Are they specified correctly in the Table or Map statement? Are their names fully qualified (schema.table)?
- Do table and column names contain only supported characters?
- Are WHERE clauses comparing different data types?
- Is KeyCols being used? Are both source and target KeyCols being used? Corresponding source and target columns must match.
- SQLEXEC, File-Maintenance, and Other Problems
- Developing the ability to deal with and troubleshoot :
- SQLEXEC problems - File-maintenance problems - Time differences - Too many open cursors
- File-Maintenance Problems: Discard File Is Not Created - Discard File Is Too Big - Trail File Is Too Big
- Miscellaneous Problems: Time Differences - INFO Command Shows Incorrect Status
- "Classic" Performance Tuning
- Identifying causes of slow startups
- Monitoring lag and statistics
- Tuning Manager
- Identifying network and disk bottlenecks
- Tuning "Classic" Extract
- Tuning "Classic" Replicat
- "Integrated" Performance Tuning
- Describing architecture and advantages of the new Integrated capture
- Describing architecture and advantages of the new Integrated delivery
- Familiarizing with the new V$ tables holding real time Oracle GoldenGate statistics
- "Integrated" Capture and Delivery Troubleshooting
- Familiarizing with Troubleshooting Aids and Tools for Integrated Replication
- Describing Oracle GoldenGate Healthcheck for Integrated Replicat
- Describing the Oracle Database 12c GoldenGate AWR report
- Familiarity with the Oracle Database
Zgłaszanie chęci uczestnictwa
W celu zgłoszenia chęci uczestnictwa w szkoleniu prosimy o pobranie i wypełnienie
formularza lub wygenerowanie go ze strony, a następnie przeslanie faksem na numer (22) 398 47 82.
Pobierz formularz zgłoszenia w formacie DOC
Pobierz formularz zgłoszenia w formacie PDF
Jeśli potrzebują Państwo wsparcia, mają pytania lub chcą się upewnić odnośnie wyboru szkolenia prosimy o kontakt pod numerem 0-801 009 706. Nasi przedstawiciele chętnie odpowiedzą na Państwa pytania oraz pomogą w podjęciu trafnej decyzji.